Disclaimer: If you're a fan of Poison, I never wanna talk music with you, just sayin'...
If you should know one thing about me, it's that I hate Poison. My brother loved that damn band. He always requested I play "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" on guitar in between the beatings I received from blasting my 10watt amplifier over his SportsCenter. I hate that T.V. show more than I hate Poison. He used to make fun of me for listening to "sissy music" as he called it, or music that he, and only he, disapproved of. (Cory, you'd make a terrible DJ, you're stuck in the 80s and 90s, I've always wanted to say that to you. Ha!)
And yet, here I am... Listening to Daft Punk while I think about how I am not the man I thought I would become in my days of being a little punk. Times have changed and I'm a father. Simon is a mini-me and very influenced in the decisions I make, just as I was when my brother served as my first major influence. I don't say my dad was my first because truthfully, he didn't become a major influence until later in life, which I will touch upon at some point on this blog. My father is a good man.
A few random facts about me and who I am:
I still have very close friends but we are all taking the different roads in life we all knew would come one day.
I'm picky when selecting friends. I can only think of 4 people who truly know who I am.
I went from adoring Metallica and Queensryche to loving Sigur Ros and Tiesto.
I am passionate.
I like to shoot for stars.
The people who support me do so very well.
I love making music.
I wanna fall in love again.
I think this life is pretty worth it for the most part.
I've been hustled, badly... I know how not to get hustled now, for the most part. I'm not too naive in thinking I will never get hustled again, it's totally possible. But I'm learning quickly how to be strong and be wise.
I am a good father.
I still love video games and learning about the video game business; past, present and future.
My life is a huge journey. I like to think I know myself but I'm also always finding new ways to be me. I have evolved dramatically and so I hope to be myself through this blog and be honest without being too revealing. I want to remember how I have evolved. I want to tell stories and exploit my character. So... Welcome to 'Mason's Trip'!
ALWAYS SO NICE TO HEAR THAT MY CHILDREN ARE FINDING WHO THEY REALLY REALLY ARE AND WHAT THEY REALLY WANT TO ACHIEVE IN THIS LIFE ON EARTH. MASON, YOU'VE COME ALONG WAY, KEEP COMING.... YOUR A WONDERFUL DADDY TO SIMON, NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT FROM YOU.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YA
M