Point is, there are so many grumpy people I'm surrounded by.
One person I'm quite close to is grumpy, seemingly every day. It makes me so sad to see someone so miserable in life. But this person hasn't changed a single behavior for as long as I've known him. I've seen him live his life the same way for years with no evolution of character. No will to change. He's comfortable in his life. But he's frickin' upset all the damn time. It's really hard to be around someone so unhappy.
I've had three major life changes in the past two years that have awarded me with a new lease on life.
-Divorce
-Simon
-Death of my brother
The last thing I need is to be grumpy. These three things have taught me that life is far to short. Yet, I find myself grumpy too often when things don't go my way. Relationships, work, quitting smoking, nutrition... They all affect my mood. I don't want to waste my life anymore, worrying about things that are out of my control. I refuse to wait around until something happens. It's time to make things happen for myself. No one has time to hold my hand and tell me everything is gonna be alright.
So I got to thinking, rather than worrying about something I'm not, I need to be proud of who I am and who I try to be.
Reasons to be proud of myself:
-I'm doing at least 45 minutes of cardio 4 days a week, couple more weeks and I'll be weight lifting again. Just waiting for endurance to truly kick in.
-Nutrition (Daily monitoring of food intake, don't wanna get too obsessed), last weekend killed me, ha! But for the most part, my nutritional needs are being taken care of.
-I've got my own business and have spread my name quite well for the first 3 months. Already have some great clients.
-I've owned up to some things dwelling in the confines of my mind for years. I saw a doctor, he's given me some great advice with quitting smoking and has insured me I'm healthy otherwise.
-I'm a great father; as long as I raise him to be a gentleman then all else pertaining to him will be fine.
-I try to be a good friend, though sometimes I have to be selfish with my time. People can rely on me, however, as I try my best to fulfill promises I make to them.
2011, I'm going to kick your ass.
No comments:
Post a Comment